Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kathleen Turner Turkey Feast


Stress has almost overcome me in the last few weeks and months.
Stressed me out to the point where I figured, why write about it here? Do I really want to remind myself about my stress? Do I need to rehash it?
Hell no.
So therefore, no posts from me.

But now, I am sick. Obviously the stress helped get me here.
I can't even figure out what is wrong with me. It is not exactly a cold. Not exactly a flu.
I have the flop sweats occasionally. I have body aches like crazy. I had a terrible sore throat. Now I just have a gross mucous coated throat and talk like Carrie Fischer or Kathleen Turner. And I mean the recent not good years of Carrie or Kathleen.
Nasty, deep, smoker lady voice. (and I don't smoke)


I coughed so much last night that my back and ribs hurt. And to top it off, I am not hungry. I force myself to eat - and I guess that after a few more days of all liquid foods, I will at least be a few pounds leaner.
I blame all of this on sick people that don't stay home.
They diseased me. And in my weakend, stressed out state - my body could not fight back.
What is wrong with people that won't stay home when sick?
What is up with people that don't wash thier hands?
Gross!

Anyway - at least I am managing to work from home and keep the disease contained. I am beginning to plan my Thanksgiving Feast.
This year, we are going to my aunt's for Thanksgiving - but on Sunday I am having '2nd Thanksgiving' for a group of friends.
I do this mainly because I want turkey leftovers in my own home.
I hate taking a plate of leftovers from someones' house. Because secretly I feel they are begrudging me taking thier leftovers.
So now we have 2nd Thanksgiving.
I learned this from my father in law. Even if he was going somewhere for the Thursday meal - he would roast his own turkey too.
Genius!

I am attempting to re-create the Thanksgiving meal featured in the current issue of LaCucina Italiana.
But, I may go for the Giada Thanksgiving feast with the Butternut Squash lasagna and the Ciabatta Chestnut stuffing.
Lots of decisions to make.
And of course - there have already been requests for certain recipes to be on the table beyoned the LaCucina menu. Which is fine - because so far, there are 14 adults coming - so if I don't make more food, I won't have my own leftovers!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I might need the recipe for the butternut squash lasagna. That sounds divine.

Feel better, my friend!