Tuesday, December 15, 2009

OMG!

I am beyond mortified today.



Last night, I was out to dinner with my husband. Just as we sat down, I saw that my work phone was ringing.
I chose to ignore the call - because really, I am not working a job that requires 24 hour availability - even though that is what it has become lately.

After a few minutes obsessing, I decided to call "the boss" back.
It went straight to his voicemail, so I hung up.
(or thought I hung up)

The next day - my boss calls me back to ask,
"where were you last night at 6:30?"
"do you have me on speed dial?"

I am confused and puzzled by his questions.

Suddenly, he begins to recite back my PRIVATE DINNER CONVERSATION with my husband!
The damn thing recorded 3 minutes of our dinner chat in a restaurant.

Who repeats back nearly word for word a private conversation?
I begged him to stop - but he kept on.

Lesson learned -
always hit the 'end' button 7-8 times.
always return phone to handbag - don't leave it on the table to record every spoken word.
don't mock people in the restaurant, bad behavior has a way of haunting you later.

1 comment:

CatBoy said...

The polite thing to do would be to not do what he did.