Thursday, October 16, 2008

Breathe

Today I noticed that when I am anxious, or hearing something that is about to make me lose it.....I hold my breath.
Apparently, this is my attempt to stop all time.
If I stop breathing, this person will really not continue to say stupid things....and stupid things will not actually happen.

I held my breath last night during the debate and when Leann won Project Runway.

As I thought about this even more tonight on my painful 4 1/2 hour drive thru the back woods of South Carolina, I realized that in most of the bad choices of my life, I was not breathing.

I am thinking oxygen exchange is key to making it thru.

Life lesson 9,692,621 learned today.

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

Breath is life, and you are smart to remind yourself (and the rest of us) of it.

Martha said...

I was holding my breath during the Sox game last night. Seems to have worked...