Saturday, October 18, 2008

South Carolina

Things that are awesome about South Carolina:
  • The Piggly Wiggly ~ first off, how can you not love a place named the Piggly Wiggly?!  Last night I stopped in to get some wine and dinner ingredients.  Not only was it lovely inside, the wine selection was great, there was a Starbucks (hard to find here) and they sell flippin Piggly Wiggly t-shirts.  I was so overjoyed at the t-shirts, I could not make a decision...today I will return and buy one.
  • The Low Country ~ I love saying 'low country' and there is something very beautiful about this place....it makes me speak lower, slower and with a tendency to pick up that southern lilt.
  • Nice people ~ when you live in a place with Piggly Wigglys and are surrounded by Spanish Moss.....why wouldn't you be a nice person?

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

I have always wanted to go to Piggly Wiggly, if for no other reason than to say that I had.

Eat some rice for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm with cat, I've always hoped they'd be as glorious as that name -- glad you had a good experience! :)