Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gross, but surprisingly useful.

When you have a cold, the doctor can't do jack for you.
Mine did tell me to take mucinex and to use this.
I am opposed to two things.
Putting things in my eyes.
Putting things up my nose.

There was no way on God's green earth I was going to use this nose thing. But, I was in dire need of being healthy for a very important visit tomorrow.
So, I did it.
Weird on top of weird, one of my employees told me about this thing last week when I was healthy. Her husband is a doctor and swears by it.
I did one of those dismissive, "yeah, sounds fascinating" and went about my day.
Little did I know, days later the neti pot would come screaming back to my life.

I am still sick, but at least I am not getting worse.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm with you 100%. I would rather be waterboarded than cleanse my nose...in fact they're probably similar.

CatBoy said...

I do it all the time, saline rinses not waterboarding. I do not enjoy it all that much, but it has done as much to improve my sinuses as any medication I have ever taken.

You know how bad California is for allergy sufferers, and for the annoyance is very much worth the benefits.

I hope you start feeling better, not just not-worse, soon.

Anonymous said...

I was a little reluctant to use the Neti Pot, but it does help and it's only saline. I get a similar affect when I body surf in the Atlantic.