Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trying hard to carry on.....

As if.....
As if anyone wants to come here and hear me whine about my problems.
Because my problems annoy me - even I have been avoiding putting them down.

It has not been an easy couple of months.....it is safe to say that the last 6 months have been a bit on the brutal side.
Unemployment, money woes, family pressures and stress, work stress and pressure. Finally a few of the worries have resolved themselves. I am doing my best to resurface and regain my normal routine. No need to hyperventilate in the closet or hide under the covers in deep depression.

The household income went from 2 to 1 - and I was in full on panic mode. Happily - the other half is working again....and we are beginning to re-surface to almost normal.
I never knew how stressful money could be until you have less of it than normal. (and my normal is less anyway)

The funny part is, I have always gauged my finacial stability by how many rolls of toilet paper I had under the bathroom sink.
When I was in college - I seemed to never have an extra roll - I would literally wait to buy it until the last square was clutching onto the cardboard roll.
As a grown up - I have consistently had at least 6 rolls under there.
When 2 paychecks became one - I was lucky to have one roll extra. I never ran out! But not the stability of the 6 pack.

Happily - there are 4 rolls under the sink today. So really, things could be a lot worse.

No comments: