Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks




I'm Thankful that I am related to these people.
Fun times.
And all of them have great fashion sense and dance moves.
They all know how to have fun and not take themselves too seriously.
You know that if you are not related to me - you wish you were.
And of course - there is no denying why they crack me up.

Both sides of my family rock.
Shout out to the Boyle/Moyer/Cenci/Tanfani clans!




I'm thankful that I found this picture of my dad on his honeymoon in my grandparent's bible.
That's right.
It was in the family Bible.
My own first communion photo was shoved in a miscellaneous drawer - but this gem was tucked into the new testament.
Clearly, it was critical to document this moment and then share it with parents.
It gave me great joy and howls of laughter when I found it.
Love the sideburns dad.

















I am thankful that I have great hair. I mean, c'mon.
I know, I complain about bad hair days - but my hair is great. Thanks in part to my family and my dad and mom's good genes. It takes color well and looks good in all lengths.
I'm also thankful for apples. I love the slices that are pre-done in the grocery store. I hate cutting apples and I hate the brown stuff. These are pre-cut and never turn brown.
Thankful for books - even though I am going to breakdown and get the kindle, I still love books surrounding me. Thankful for the Cats and Dogs in my life. In a year of lots of family pet tragedy - I'm glad they all brought us such joy. Thankful for Every Day I get to live and be happy, For the Friends and Family that fill my life. (and Edward Cullen) Thankful for God and Google. Thankful for Harry Potter. I hated the idea of Harry Potter - than I read it and now I am a woman possessed. Send me a message on my phone and the Harry Potter music plays. I'm thankful for India Hicks. She makes me smell good and keeps my skin soft. I'm thankful for J. Who invented the Bubble Room again?! I'm thankful for Kristen my fabulous sister. I'm thankful for Love. I get it everyday and am grateful beyond words. I'm thankful for Men. You guys make the world so much fun. I'm thankful for Naps. And appreciate every single one I get to take. Whether it be stretched out in the sun or curled up under a blanket. I'm thankful for Opinions. I love to give them and love to hear them. Thanks for sharing this year. I'm thankful for Prayers that are answered. I'm thankful for Quiet moments. Goodness knows I cherish them. I'm thankful for the Rack. Thank you Nordstrom for putting big feet shoes in your stores. I'm thankful for Smart people. I'm thankful for Time. It's nice to be here and enjoying this crazy world. I'm thankful for Underwear. Most especially spanx on special occasions. I'm thankful for visits to my favorite places, xtra time with people I love and that Zumba exists.
Don't forget to count your own blessings!
And thanks for being one of mine this year!
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments: