Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy to report...

I have begun my reunion revenue project.
The worst part is starting.....now it is started and I find myself flooded with more ideas!
Hurrah!

I will only write this here....because none of these family members know about this blog...but this particular branch of the family tree tends to be on the 'cheap' side of the spectrum.
This reunion takes place every year. Same weekend....and the dues are $5 per person. $3 if you are under 18. (a few years ago the price went up to $7 per person and people nearly split a gut in anger....thus we returned to the $5 fee)
Each painful year, each family brings their lunch, something to bbq for dinner and a dish to share with the whole family.
Oh...and lets not forget the cake for the cakewalk. Which is not a normal cakewalk and just serves to irritate everyone.
On top of that you pay $5 which goes to beer, soda, water, charcoal, lighter fluid and the rental of the pavilion. The entire production costs the family a whooping $300. Not bad for 34 households.
Have these people not heard of the cost of living increase? Are you telling me you can't fork over a couple extra bucks and have this bad boy catered?!
It is a pain to bring 2 meals to an outdoor picnic in the stinking hot.
It is a pain to sit at any family gathering that lasts 7+ hours...can't we do this in 4?

Anyway...back to my project. As I am in charge of the reunion next year, I have a sinister plot in mind.
I plan on raising money with my project....and using the funds to cater the event next year!
genius!
We will not vote on it.
This is not a democracy...This is a family function. I never got to vote on bad food, $5 and stupid cakewalks.
It will be catered.
Leave your bologna sandwhich, hamburger meat, nasty pasta salad and stale cake at home!
No more runs to get more beer and water because we ran out!

The power I feel is overwhelming.....bwah hah hah hah! (that is my sinister laugh)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe, sneak attacks are the best!

CatBoy said...

Smart girl. Economy is all well and good, but I think they are ridiculously cheap for a once a year gathering.

KrisCe said...

Watch out family... you are about to be taken over hehehehe

KrisCe said...

Watch out family... you are about to be taken over hehehehe