Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Head Cold?!?!


Good Grief.
I just want to scream. But I am too busy blowing my nose and coughing to scream. How is it that I have another cold again?!
I just suffered through one of these not two months ago....I thought I was good to go until at least January.

Once again, I reflect on the common facts of the common cold:


  • Cold medicine is a worthless investment.
  • I ask everyone, all day long to feel my forehead to see if I have a fever.

  • Anti-viral kleenex makes me feel less like I am infecting the whole world - when in fact the whole world runs from me like I am Typhoid Mary.

  • After 5 days of kleenex use, my nose becomes red, dry and cracked - and no amount of mega moisturizer keeps it looking normal.

  • I hate having a dry, red, cracked and crusty nose. (this is what I get for calling a certain someone Crusty. Sorry G)

  • On top of a crusty nose, my fingers get all dry from the constant kleenex use. Or maybe it is combined with the constant hand washing in my effort to not spread the disease.

  • I never have a good hair day when I have a cold. Is it because my eyes are so watery that I can't see myself in the mirror? It may also explain the haphazard application of make-up - I tend to look like Baby Jane when I have a cold.

  • When I have a cold, I get so miserable that I start to wonder what healthy and normal feels like. I love to wallow in the "i am sick pity party"

  • I can never remember to feed a cold, starve a fever or feed a fever, starve a cold ~ and it pisses me off because I assume it is feed a cold, but what is the point if you can't taste anything?

  • Hearing everyone tell you to drink green tea and take echinacea is just annoying. Shut up and stick your opinion up your butt.



2 comments:

CatBoy said...

Jane, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Push Blanche down the stairs, that always cheers you up.

In the meantime, I saw this and thought of you (well, I thought of me first, but then you).

http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/2008/12/bread-pudding

Tracy said...

you feel warm.