Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Don't Throw Me Down Clark

Something is terribly wrong.
I am behind yet again.
Not a single Christmas Card written.
Not a single Christmas gift purchased.
I have not even finished decorating the tree.
I think I will be home on Saturday. Perhaps a miracle will happen and I will get it together.

What in the world happened to me?!?

I normally embrace the season starting November 1. But it turns out it is December 8th and I have lots of catching up to do.

Let's make a list shall we?


  • fill out christmas cards

  • address christmas cards

  • get stamps

  • get to the post office

  • buy gifts for at least the people I will see face to face.

  • finish decorating the tree - try not to have a bad attitude while doing it

  • watch all of my favorite Christmas movies - up to and including: It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Vacation, Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Christmas Carol - the one from the 30's and The Godfather. Yes, The Godfather is a Christmas movie.

  • buy my Panetonne for Christmas Morning French Toast

ok, its not that bad.....i will end the dramatic moment.

I will call this year The Year of the Simple Christmas.

There are some moments to celebrate in early December:
My new haircolor is getting rave reviews.
I found the best new eye make up - smoky eyes are my new passion.
I am loving my new black boots. They are super sassy.
Project Ass Reduction is working so well my pants are falling off. While this does pose some problems - it is the ultimate goal.
I am learning new things every single day in my new job.
Lip swirls and lip butters......mmmmmmmmm
Spending time in NYC this December has been a highlight. I still want to move to Manhatten - but I am too poor. If anyone wants to sponsor my move there, please let me know.
I finally bought a warm coat and it has the softest pockets when you put your hands in them!




1 comment:

CatBoy said...

I hope you manage to watch all your movies. It's important to observe certain traditions and rituals or the season never quite seems real.

Congratulations on your new and improved buttocks. I'd say I look forward to seeing it, but that doesn't seem right. And yet it does.