Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It has come down to this.

If I had a cleaning lady or cleaning person......I would not have as much stress in my life.
I don't know why I can't win this battle and have somebody be able to come in and clean up after me.

My own Mother will tell you, I have needed help in this area my whole life.
Horrid Sister Teresa dumped my desk over in front of the whole first grade class to show what a slob I was.

My holidays would be merry and bright with somebody to clean my bathroom and run the vaccum cleaner occasionally.
If somebody would come and pick up my clothes, I'd die in a rapture.
A few days or weeks ago I did solicit volunteers to fund my move to Manhatten - this housecleaning fund is also up for grabs if you don't know what to get me for Christmas.
Since my last post I managed to kind of, sort of get most stuff done. I still have more to do - but decided to not be frantic about it. I mean really? What is the point. I have had about 3 hours of sleep each night the last week and have bags under my eyes. In order to look at least halfway normal - I need to cut my losses and deal with not being perfect.
I am determined to enjoy the tree, smell the lovely Windsor Forest wafting thru the air and snuggle up to watch my Chrismas movies.
I still have shopping and wrapping to do.
I still have to finish knitting a whole scarf before Friday.
I still need to determine which salads I am contributing to the Feast on Christmas Eve.
But it will get done. It always does.
I must be more relaxed because of the sheer joy I had this week in watching my Capitals make a comeback.
Finally!
I had faith in my boys.
And in case you are not aware - tune into HBO for 24/7 to watch the Caps on the road to the Winter Classic. Who cares about that other damn team.
(I can't even type their retched name here - ugh)
I will admit - that the first show had my boys down and out - but the 35 seconds of Mike Green without his shirt on was heaven.
If Mike Green stood in front of me without a shirt on - another rapture. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

When my gift arrives (tomorrow or the next day I think), be prepared for Hazel not to pop out of the box. I didn't know you needed a housekeeper this much. It's a nice gift (if I do say so), but it's not a gift that will clean your toilet or mop a floor.

PS. If you lived nearby I would of course volunteer to do either or both.

KrisCe said...

Sorry... but I don't want to be your cleaning lady. I did watch the first show of 24/7... and now I know why Mike Green is your boyfriend. Sending you knitting vibes to get the scarf finished. Oh and make that yummy Fennel/Orange Salad. Or if you want I'll send you the recipe for a yummy cucumber/fennel pomegranate.