Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A New Recipe - Cilantro Lime Shrimp Risotto




I tried my own creation tonight -
A Cilantro Lime Shrimp Risotto

I used a basic risotto recipe with a few twists.
It truly had the flavor I was looking for.

1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
chopped shallot
1 1/2 cup risotto
4 c. chicken stock
juice of 3 limes
1/2 c. chopped cilantro

instead of wine - i used the lime juice - then began with the ladels of chicken stock.
I finished it with another tbsp of butter, sea salt, black pepper and the cilantro.

i also roasted the shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper and added it at the end - i wanted the shrimp to have that yummy roasted flavor.

A true dinner success - and a nice Lenten non-meat kick off!

On a side note - I have given up Bravo TV and sweets for Lent.
Oh the humanity.
I am already looking forward to a Marshmallow Peep Binge on Easter Sunday along with some sort of Bravo Marathon!
40 days of no Housewives!!!!!!


No comments: