Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snap out of it!

Ok, enough is enough. I am removing myself from the funk of 2012 that I began. It's time to listen to Cher and snap out of it.

So its been a tough year so far, big deal. Other people have it much worse than me.
But let's sum up the year so far. I like to summarize for the new people that stumble across the blog.

  • Back problems that now require surgery - apparently I am strangling a nerve and may have permanent nerve damage. But really, who needs to feel all parts of their left leg?
  • Low hemoglobin - it is so low, apparently I should be almost dead, unable to speak or stand upright. On the upside, I am clearly a science miracle.
  • I turned 40. Which means I should change the name of this blog now - but I don't know what to change it to. I feel I deserve to look perpetually in my 30's. Feel it - believe it - become it.
  • My beloved grandfather died.
  • I was fired. Technically they say my job was "eliminated" - and they did offer me another job - but that would require me to move - AGAIN - and I am not going to do it. So I am 40 and fired.
  • Ending my marriage. I am choosing not to comment broadly on this - because some things are best kept personal.
Ironically - I think I have ac
hieved most of the life events that qualify as traumatic and life changing in a short amount of time.
As you can see from the below chart - I have had a great deal to work through.











And that is why it is
time to snap out of it and count my blessings.

  • Personally - I am happy and content.
  • I look really good for 40 - those ladies at the Hairport where my Nana gets her hair done thought I was in my 20's - granted, they are not exactly style or beauty editors for Vogue - but a compliment is a compliment.
  • I am not a Philistine
  • I am a medical miracle - who else do you know with 4.6 hemoglobin not permanently hooked up to a blood transfusion?
  • I can sleep almost through the whole night again - if you have chronic pain - you know what a blessing this is.
  • All of my health problems can be fixed. The doctor said so.
  • I am only 10lbs away from my ideal body weight - never in my life have I only needed to lose 10lbs! I am super excited about this.
  • Even though I am losing my great job, working for a company I love and with the best people - the ones that have reached out to me have made me feel better than I ever did before. I know I made an impact on lives. That is pretty cool and profound.
So that is that. I am snapping out of it as we speak.

2 comments:

Alan said...

YEAH!!!!! So proud of you after reading your latest.Way to SNAP-Out of it.

newest yorker said...

WOW, I have not kept up with your blog lately and look what happens. What a rollercoaster-hang in there- you are sassy, smart and fabulous.