Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!


My tree has ornaments that were given to me from the year I was born...My tree is awesome. This is my second Christmas going with the multi-colored lights. Usually I prefer white...but these are quite festive.

Nonnie made this for me in 1975....it would not be Christmas without him! My mother always filled him with hershey kisses...I hate hershey kisses, but have the urge to fill him with those for nostalgia's sake.

Nana's ceramic tree ~ when I was growing up everyone had one of these! I was so excited when Nan let me take it home last year....isn't it divine?

So far I have completed the following:

Christmas tree up and decorated!
Exterior lights up! and they are LED this year!
Christmas Cards signed, sealed, addressed ~ I still need stamps.
Manager holiday gifts bought ~ sadly, I could not complete all 20 scarves. I am going to make that next years gift...it will give me more time.
Symphony Tickets purchased for the 23rd! ~ can't wait to surprise the Grandparents with these!
3 Christmas Gifts purchased!
One batch of cookies done!
Christmas Eve guest list confirmed!
Preliminary planning of the Christmas Eve menu ~ feast of 7 fishes!

4 comments:

CatBoy said...

Tree- not even bought.
No lights- everyone I know seems to think me and ladders do not mix.
Cards- still making them.
CDs- halfway there.
About 20% of gifts purchased.
Biscotti-done, gingersnaps- half done, the rest- not even started.

Your tree is pretty. My grandmother had the ceramic tree too. I like the lamp and the mirrored picture frame, I am thinking of getting my mother a garbage can that looks like that for her soon-to-be redone bathroom.

newestYorker said...

Just reading your list gives me anxiety. I have done NOTHING for Xmas, NOTHING. ARGH.

Anonymous said...

the ceramic tree! my mom made a ton of those for gifts when i was little. i remember she was going through her ceramics phase then. i had no idea anyone outside of the P circle had one! :)

KrisCe said...

Your tree looks lovely as usual. I'm so upset mom got rid of her ceramic tree... but oh well.