Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 is Great


I am loving 2008 already.

On New Year's Eve I attended 7:30pm mass. (it was for the Blessed Virgin - how appropriate...and the homily was centered upon establishing a relationship with her...that the way to Mary was the way to God. Works for me! It is all part of my master plan this year)

By 8:45pm I was on my way to a 9:00pm dinner reservation.
Dinner was really fantastic. I was lucky to secure reservations at the last possible minute. Something kicked me in the butt and said ~ you are not spending another New Years Eve at home and asleep at 9pm)

The restaurant was really beautiful, and they had a live band playing - Mainly standards during the dinner hour.

I ordered a whiskey sour! How very old school - very Frolic Room inspired!

The menu was of course a prix fixe for the night - there were 4 courses and the choices for each course were varied. That was nice to see. I hate when you only have 2 or 3 choices.

For my first course I enjoyed a lovely "Spicy, Creamy Tomato Soup - it had pumpernickel croutons and pumpkinseed oil" - this should have said super spicy - but it was tasty nonetheless.

2nd course was a cripsy prawn served with a chopped tomato salad and basil pesto....I wanted the sea scallops but someone else at the table ordered them - and I hate to order the same thing as someone else at the table.

For the 3rd course I chose a duck breast served with apricot couscous and a cherry reduction sauce......lovely.

And for dessert, I enjoyed a peanut butter/chocolate mousse yummy. It was really good.

The music was fun, I was dancing and singing along.....and my outfit was great! The gods had even blessed me with a good hair day!

The highlight of the evening had to be falling on the way to the bathroom and ending up in this man's lap. He did attempt to stand up and catch me as I was going down.....and instead I ended up falling onto him. Nice.
At that point I had not even had any alcohol.
I was so embarrassed....all I wanted to do was go back and tell him I had not even been drinking - but then decided to spare myself the further humiliation of returning to the scene of the crime.
Yikes!

We stayed long enough to scream happy new year and toast with some rather awful champagne - (who am I kidding it was not from France and not champagne - it barely qualified as mediocre sparkling wine)

However, my wish for staying awake past 9pm came true! And I had a great night. Even better ~ I woke up nice and fresh the next morning ~ no hangover!

Could it be I am growing up?

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

Sounds like a nice evening. And at least you ended the year in a stranger's lap, rather than starting the new one there. (Although, I guess that could be nice too.)

I haven't had a whiskey sour in ages.

Anonymous said...

and here i was just going to say you ended someone's evening well, he can declare he had a hot chick fall into his lap.

cat's obviously using the brain we are sharing to it's full advantage though. :)

'appy New Yar!