Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bad,Stupid Tuesday

Today was poop.
I left for an early flight.
Sat on the runway for nearly 3 hours.
Finally, they decided to cancel the flight.
Waited in the Customer Service line from hell.
Re-booked for tomorrow mornings flight.....hopefully, there will be a new working aircraft.

Spent another hour re-scheduling everything and cancelling rental car and hotel for today. How hard should it be to call and say, I can't make it today, but I still need the reservation for Wed, Thur and Fri? How did the rental price on the car go up $60 additional dollars each day? I pitched a fit and got my original rate. Bastards**

Arrived home, changed and went to local store. I had to change because I was dressed casually. I was supposed to be opening a new store for the next 3 days for our grand opening on Friday. (Of course, now we have to work extra tomorrow and Thursday, because the store was not ready and I wasn't there to do the punch list and lead the troops)

Anyway, went to the local store and was stuck there until after 9pm. Don't ask....it is a long and terrible and stupid story.

Thank goodness this day that started at 5am and ends at 10pm is finally over.
Tuesdays, as a general rule, are not supposed to suck.

3 comments:

CatBoy said...

I think you are right: Tuesdays, as a rule, should not suck. Mondays and Fridays are definitely prone to suckiness on a grand scale, and Thursdays sometimes suck when you think it's Friday and then realize that it's only Thursday.

But Tuesday, it should be safe from this sort of thing. Tomorrow is Wednesday, and I really don't think Wednesday could suck when Tuesday did.

Jenny Robin said...

Do you want to come work for my company? We're looking for GMs in your area. Lemme know. Send me a PM on don's forum or email me through my blog.

Martha said...

I hope you recovered from your sucky Tuesday.

P.S. I just tagged you on my blog. :)