Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Props to Jamie Oliver


Wow.
You must try this recipe.
It is simple and so exquisite to eat.
Porcini Pangrattato is heavenly.

I was never a great fan of Jamie Oliver until I saw his mini-series on the Travel Channel last year. The show was Jamie's Great Italian Escape. I loved the show, and quickly bought the cookbook.
I must admit a special admiration for his travel and specifically the show on Le Marche - the region in Italy where my family originates from.

Anyway, do yourself a favor, and enjoy this lovely meal.
Next time, I am going to make my own pasta....it would add to the divine nature of the dish.

1 comment:

CatBoy said...

I enjoyed what I saw of that series and have generally liked what he cooks. His food (most all of it) seems to be influenced by his love of the Mediterranean and that simplicity and generous use of herbs and vegetables tends to appeal to me.\

The failed dish (which I think he figured out later on) of the grilled lemons stuffed with mozzarella impressed me simply because he thought to do something like that.