Sunday, January 2, 2011

Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the Earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road.


I just finished crying my eyes out. I am a sucker for a good romance....and Out of Africa just ended.
That music is so sweeping and gorgeous.
It's cinematography glorious.
Meryl is divine - and I don't even like Robert Redford as a general rule - I mean, after all - his name in the movie is Denys Finch-Hatten. Can you pretend to have an English accent at least?!
But in all honesty - a man who would wash my hair could have whatever accent he wanted.
sigh......
All day I will walk around saying "I had a farm in Africa...at the foot of the Ngong hills...." I'll say it in my head, because Danish accents are not anything I'm skilled at.
2011 has been wonderful so far.
I had a fabulous New Years Eve....
My Caps won the Winter Classic.
And I woke up today to watch Out of Africa.
I have decided that the best course for me in my life is to move to Africa and take up a passionate love affair with some brooding wanderer. When it's over, I can come home to Denmark(or DC) and start life all over again.
Smarter and wiser after my life changing experience.
Doesn't that sound like a wonderful plan?
I'll have to tell Tim of course, but I think so long as he knows I'm coming back he'd be ok with it.
I'm constantly harassed by my family for loving movies like Out of Africa and The English Patient - but come on...! Let a gal have her moments!

No comments: