Monday, January 31, 2011

Roman Radio on my ipod

I am first to admit to having what most people would classify as bad taste in music.
I'm not a musical person, I don't appreciate music properly - though most of you know I do long to be a lounge singer...which actually supports my bad taste in music as a general rule.
(total digression too - how cute is the Italian man in my photo by the Spanish Steps? He's so metrosexual)
My ipod is of course full of an eclectic mix of songs and artists. From Johnny Cash, 50cent, Flo Rida, Bollywood hits, movie soundtracks, Linkin Park and The Carpenters - just to name a few. Just the other day, I ran across a song I had forgotten about. I now realize I need to cycle through the full scope of my music library and not just my typical "go to" playlists.
It was an Italian song - pop music Italian - the kind you hear in the car in Italy as your driver is chain smoking and whipping through traffic with reckless yet confident abandon.
So I went onto itunes and looked the artist up. I had not found her on there before, but since itunes has been updating itself more often - low and behold there she was. I ended up finding all sorts of Italian Contemporary Pop music - now I am hooked. I was jamming last night, dancing in my underwear like I love to do. Then today - rocking out on the airplane. I don't normally dance in my seat on aircraft - but this is the most fabulous music! It's my own little secret that I am sharing with all of you. Run, don't walk and download a few songs!
Giorgia - I guess she is quite famous. She had a greatest hits album - and I must admit I liked every song on the album - she can really sing.
Madreblu - Certamente was the song I have had for years. I actually sing along to this song quite beautifully. I think she is complaining about some guy she can't get out of her head, and now she can't sleep. We've all been there. The album is Necessita.
Tiziano Ferro - this guy is a trip. He kind of scares me but I like it.

No comments: