Monday, September 24, 2007

Hello, My name is Fabulous

One of the benefits of my sick day last week, was watching Bravo run the new Tim Gunn show.
Tim Gunn's Guide to Style.
I love this man.
Tim tells us, that all women need 10 essential wardrobe pieces.
I don't recall them all, and they seem to have one or two that vary for women, but here is the rundown :

  1. black dress
  2. black dress pants
  3. classic white shirt
  4. jeans
  5. cashmere sweater
  6. sweatsuit alternative ~ Tim does not approve of sloppy attire in public
  7. day dress
  8. trench coat
  9. blazer
  10. skirt

as an option, you may also have one trendy item ( I must admit to buying one of the cropped jackets...very cute)


I was blown away at the trench coat. A trench coat?! but sure enough, every woman that put one on looked fantastic! I made a pledge that I too would own a trench coat.
This weekend, I went on a trench search - and found 3!




Tim would have made me pick one, but I couldn't pick just one! I found the short Michael Kors in khaki, the DKNY in classic black and this fabulous sateen like Gucci knockoff in white. Why wouldn't you buy all 3?
I found them at the Nordstrom rack for a steal.....and wow, nothing like a little retail therapy kids!



On the creative front, I finished my cable knitted purse that I have been working on. I took up knitting maybe a year and a half ago. I don't knit frequently, I mainly do it to calm my brain. I find it very relaxing. (Ironically, this particular project had me using a few choice words for the first couple of hours, but once I got into the groove it went very smoothly....)











5 comments:

CatBoy said...

I'm glad that you are feeling up to shopping, I think it's a good indication you are on the mend.

If you ever do sing in a lounge, wear the DKNY and I will wear my DKNY suit in the audience- we can the best mid-range-bought-on-clearance dressed people in the room.

KrisCe said...

I can't believe you bought 3 trench coats. You are just too funny sometimes. The bag looks fabulous. When are you going to make one for me?

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Being a married man of some years, I've long since learned to keep my nose out of fashion, and when asked "How does this look?" to reply Fantastic! and swallow the rest, which usually is: "what the hell is it?.:)

I read back quite a ways in your blog, with great interest. I too, went the "let's get a little bit smart about this" route with my diet. It's nice to find a soul mate.:)

Anonymous said...

That purse is adorable!!

I'm of the school that when you find something great, buy it in as many colors as possible, so I approve the trenchcoat(s) purchase. ;)

Martha said...

Love the bag! Cables are fun. I'm working on a heathery purple scarf with one big cable up the center.

I agree with Michelle: I, too, am of the "Buy something great in as many colors as possible" school.