Monday, September 17, 2007

Why the hell not?

Blogging is something I have not done before.
I read blogs. I like blogs. I just don't write blogs.
I'm not sure how successful I will be at this new venture......I have never had the patience for writing, or journal keeping.....but we will give it a whirl and see how it all comes out.

Recently (and by recently I mean the last few months) I have been sending a friend of mine a weekly recap via email. I always title it "The Week in Review" and if he is lucky - images sometimes accompany the email.

The week in review has become an interesting look back for me. Sometimes I take notes thru the week, jotting them down on tidbits of paper....other times, I ready myself at the keyboard and just let the recollections fly off my fingertips.

It occured to me, that since I take the time to read other blogs, why not take a few moments to jot down my daily happenings? It certainly should make it easier to write "The Week in Reveiw" each week.....and perhaps this will replace it!

So where to begin?
I am a huge fan of the end of Bravo's "Inside the Actor's Studio"
The Pivot Questions are my favorite.
So I am going to answer them for you......and maybe if I am lucky some of you will answer them back!



Pivot Questions


  1. What is your favorite word?

  2. What is your least favorite word?

  3. What turns you on?

  4. What turns you off?

  5. What sound or noise do you love?

  6. What sound or noise do you hate?

  7. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

  8. What profession would you not like to do?

  9. What is your favorite curse word?

  10. If heaven exists....what would you like to have God say to you as you walk thru the gates?



  • Yes

  • accountability

  • The Arts

  • People with dirty hair - it is stinky and icky

  • Laughter

  • A ringing telephone

  • Art restoration

  • Anything featured on "Dirty Jobs"

  • Fuck

  • Not bad kiddo.....c'mon in.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Hey there - it's Martha, from DWO! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Here are my answers:

What is your favorite word? Yes

What is your least favorite word? Can't

What turns you on? The right cologne on the right person

What turns you off? Rudeness

What sound or noise do you love? My students laughing

What sound or noise do you hate? The "beep-beep-beep-beep-beep" of an overhead crisis call where I work

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Children's librarian or bookseller

What profession would you not like to do? Anything involving spiders or insects

What is your favorite curse word? Damn

If heaven exists....what would you like to have God say to you as you walk thru the gates? Nice work down there...welcome back.

CatBoy said...

You better not use this blog to trash former spouses.

Favorite word? Perspicacious because it's fun to say.

Least favorite word? Supposedly, because many people say it wrong and make me want to harm them.

What turns you on? People who say "let me pay this time."

What turns you off? Racism

What sound or noise do you love? Subway horn.

What sound or noise do you hate?
Child crying.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Eccentric millionaire philanthropist.

What profession would you not like to do? Portable toilet emptier.

Favorite curse word? Son-of-a-bitch

If heaven exists.... You were totally right: Jesus, Buddha, Osiris- all the same guy.

CatBoy said...

PS. Did you know that Don (yes, that Don) pitched a show almost indentical to Dirty Jobs to TLC and they passed on it? Idiots.

chenchy said...

Oh my goodness! My first visitors!
Thanks Martha and Cat!

In regards to the Don thing...no wonder I prefer Discovery to TLC....not a smart network!