Thursday, September 27, 2007

Poop or Crap, It's all the same shit....

I sent an email to someone at head office, with a note that said, "poop - I think I forgot to send this to you"
The gal responded with "I like crap better"
I then responded with the title of this post...."poop or crap, it's all the same s**t." Mainly because at work, we have to mind our p's and q's. Apparently, shit is a bad word.

My company is in the midst of inventory, and because of that, everyone is in turmoil.
Stress is running rampant thru the halls and stores across the nation.

I was actually fine, until about 2 hours ago.
Of my 17 stores, one is without a manager, and 3 stores have managers about to do inventory for the first time ever.
I am only one woman, and can't be everywhere I need to be.
Scary.
For the past week, I have spent every waking hour organizing the store without a manager.
I am pooped.
I am scared that the store won't be organized properly.
I am scared that I will be counting into the wee small hours of the morning on Sunday/Monday.
aggghhhhhhhhh

Speaking of poop - this is a gross story, but I really must share it.
Have you heard of this diet pill Alli?
An aquaintance of mine was sharing with me the fact that she began taking this pill for weight loss.
She has seen her weight go up and down over the years. It has always been a struggle for her...she finally went to her doctor and asked for an appetite suppressant.
Instead, the doctor prescribed this.
Apparently, you poop the fat right out of you.
She could see the fat in her poop!

When taken with meals, orlistat blocks the absorption of about one-quarter of any fat consumed. That fat — about 150 to 200 calories worth — is passed out of the body in stools, which can be loose as a result. About half of patients in trials experienced gastrointestinal side effects.

I was shocked that she was so comfortable telling me about looking at globs of fat in her poop.
I was equally sad that this was the step she was taking to lose weight.
Isn't that shitty?

1 comment:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Those stores.

Do what you can, then kick the problem upstairs, in writing, unless you are responsible for hiring/firing Managers. The reason you never get any help may be upper management knows you will run yourself to death to solve the problem.