Friday, September 28, 2007

Santa Cleopatra! (Holy Cleopatra!)

I accomplished today what I thought was impossible.
That store is finally in working order. The stockroom is finally organized!
taaa-daaaaa!
This was one of those days, when I felt that I accomplished something. Very satisfying.
Yes, I am still tired.
Yes, I am still walking around with the remnants of this cold.
Yes, I still have to inventory all this stuff over the next 2 days.
But for tonight, I am feeling pretty good.
For your viewing pleasure, I am including some before and after photos.......


before after


I am actually becoming more and more excited about my upcoming trip to Italy now too! I have been having these conversations with myself about when I was allowed to think about it..."after the meeting, after the trip to Atlanta, after inventory, after......"
Now, the list of afters is almost over....
Sadly, I have not been practicing my Italian the way I should be. By my bedside, I have a pile of italian books ~ all of my good intentions have been there to brush up on my grammar...freshen up the vocabulary, perfect my pronunciation...
Now it is crunch time!
I am dedicating myself to Italian language CD's all weekend.
(Pity the people around me that hear me talking to myself in my caveman italian.)
Had I thought about this well in advance, I could have put some italian lanugage dvd's on my netflix list....
Instead, I settled for a DVR recording of Johnny Stecchino that ran last week and RAI TV runs late at night on one of the stations. Italian news brodcasts are not nearly as entertaining as Roberto Benigni.
I watched the movie and enjoyed it, then put it on a second night as I was puttering around the house.....just to hear the words. Unfortunately, the only thing that stuck was "Santa Cleopatra!"
This week, I have been walking around saying "Santa Cleopatra!" It is stuck in my head like a song you hear on am radio.
Check out the movie if you get a chance......

No comments: