Friday, September 21, 2007

Plenty of Rest, Lots of Liquids...



Still resting ~ but feeling much, much improved.

I worried when the mucus started to change color, but after a bit of research....I have learned that it is a sign of my body fighting.....apparently not a sign of a bronchial infection. (whew...Italy is only a few weeks away!)

I continue to lay off the excercise. This has been difficult for me, I have become addicted to the excercise hormone rush. But, I am well aware that if I push to hard I will stay sick longer.

I attempted to sing in the car today. This is one of my favorite past times (in case you were wondering, I long to be a lounge singer) I started to cough terribly.....the road to wellness and recovery is a long one. So sad when simple daily pleasures are foiled by germs.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Can you spread germs through the internet? I'm coming down with a nasty cold, myself.

I'm sure the germs couldn't possibly be from the school where I work...

newestYorker said...

Completely off subject but I know you are heading to Italy and I have to tell you about one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in. The Pharmacia Santa Maria Novella. It is on via Della Scala, I am pretty sure. It has been around since 1210 or something and is too beuatiful for words. They also sell beautiful creams, perfumes, etc..but just the feeling inside was amazing. I am a product hound and this was truly like Mecca. Whenever I am feeling under the weather or like Death warmed over, a splash of something from there always comforts me.

chenchy said...

Martha - If I gave you this cold, I am really sorry.

NY - I love that place! The B&B that I linked is right across the street from there! I sell soap and lotion etc...for my job - so this place was on my list of places to go in Florence. What a mecca indeed!

newestYorker said...

I have made foreign product hunting a serious hobby/passion. I lived in London for a while and went to Neal's Yard, D.R. Harris, Floris and other small apothacaries on a weekly basis. If friends go on a foreign vacation, I always ask for a chapstick from that country-my bathroom is packed but I am truly addicted.