Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If the shirt fits


I am still filled with joy about an event that took place last Tuesday.

Many months ago, something went off in my head that said - "Annette, get it together!"

I began making small changes....no more butter with olive oil....just olive oil. No added salt.

And I started to get smaller.

Then I took it a step further....watching my sodium, watching my fat.....no more white bread...I made the switch to whole grain and multi grain.

And I started getting smaller.

Then I took the leap and began to excercise.

So here I am, 6 sizes smaller and feeling really good.

I have not stepped on a scale, I have not weighed my food, I have not forbidden myself from eating chocolate cake. I just made some lifestyle changes on my terms.


All the while, this shirt was hanging in my closet. A shirt that I paid way too much money for, and that was way to small for me.....(what was I thinking?!)

I had made that shirt my goal.

And last Tuesday.....the miracle happened.....I wore the shirt!


2 comments:

CatBoy said...

Congratulations. Next time, a picture of the shirt on you, rather than the hanger.

chenchy said...

Point noted....but I was alone in my hotel room - and the self portrait shots can be tough.