Friday, May 30, 2008

Forced Togetherness....aka Family Reunion



The annual M family reunion was a good time. Can you believe I actually admitted that?! I say it was a good time because the games were so much fun! Thank you, thank you.....I take all the credit!

Despite my initial hope to not fall into the trap of the cheesy picnic type games...we did. But I managed to mix in a little newness that kept everyone involved and having fun.

As each person arrived, they received a colored bandana.....they were told to wear their bandana as it would represent their 'team'. I also placed the name of a celebrity on the back of each person...they had to learn who they were by asking only yes or no questions. This actually turned out to be great fun for everyone. Pop was Britney Spears, Michelle was Angelina Jolie, John was Al Pacino......you get the point. Good Times.

When it was time to play.....I had all of the teams gather......I explained that we would have a series of events that day.....the winners would earn tickets.....at the end of the day, the team with the most accumulated tickets would each win a prize. This encouraged participation from everyone.....and encouraged the team members to cheer one another on in events.

We tossed eggs, water balloons, had our cake walk, a bubble gum blowing contest, played bocce, softball, a battleship tournament, played screw your cousin (a card game) and did the Mummy wrap*, we listened to the M music mix of everyone's favorite songs.....I managed to sell some CD's to earn money for next years event.....and yes, they agreed to 'try' a catered event next year! I was victorious!

and, at the end of the day.......the Pink team was victorious! (they earned the most tickets)

*edited for Charles ~ Mummy Wrap Equipment Needed – One roll of toilet paper for every 2 peopleHow to Play – A fun game. Split into teams of two and give each team a roll of toilet paper. Games with toilet paper are always good. Then one person tries to turn the other into a mummy. Everything has to be covered except the eyes. First team done wins

3 comments:

CatBoy said...

Thank you for clarifying that "screw your cousin" was a card game before I got out my banjo to lend atmosphere to your story.

That's a nice picture, but I have to know why one of your family members is dressed as a tampon.

chenchy said...

That was the result of the "mummy wrap"

sheesh....not a tampon...a MUMMY!

CatBoy said...

I kind of figured a mummy was what you were going for, but I couldn't help but see other resemblances.