Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happiness is a day off mid-week....

You can't see it yourself, but I am currently doing a happy dance in my pajamas this morning.
I don't have to go to work today!
Hooray!

The day holds so much promise ahead.
A day all to myself! Laundry is done. (6 loads on Saturday!) Ironing complete (2 hours to finish! Can you imagine?)

My normal excercise is on the agenda....and then I think I am going to plant in my windowboxes, bake a cake and then lounge on the couch with a good movie. (and yes, I have to finish the last 2 inches on this sweater I am knitting......which will blend perfectly with my movie watching.)



Last year, I planted petunias...they lasted nearly all summer long until the nasty little bugs came and ate them. For once, another living creature killed them....not me.
I need plants that are easy to care for and resiliant to my tendency to overlove and then the next week overneglect them.
Apparently Nastursiums are a good choice because they thrive on neglect! Right up my ally!

I am going to bake an Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Honey Apple Cake. It sounds yummy, is in Cooking Light magazine, and should pair beautifully with a cup of tea tonight.

Movies, movies, movies.....hhhhhmmm who knows. I do know that I will stear clear of the 'epic/tragic/romance'
Last night I watched Atonement.
Sunday night I watched Curse of the Golden Flower.
ugh...enough with the sadness and death.

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

Nasturtiums are good as well because they keep bugs off other plants since many bugs do not like them. I do like them myself--they have a peppery flavor.

chenchy said...

now I can make tons of edible flower salads!