Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mean People That Rock

As a general rule, I think I am a nice person.

True, I may talk smack about some people - but in general I am nice.
I don't like to make people feel bad. I don't like to lower self esteem.....or take cheap shots.
I like everyone to feel equal, appreciated and respected.

The only time I lose it is if:

  • I flat out don't like you - I can't even be fake about people that bother me or do stupid things.
  • You have chosen to take advantage of my niceness....game over.
As a boss, I think I am really nice.
Perhaps too nice sometimes.
Maybe I need to toughen up a bit.

I was reflecting that my 2 new favorite people on reality TV are Jeff Lewis and Kelly Cutrone.
Why?
Because they are mean.


I howl with laughter at the bluntness, the rudeness, the take no prisoners attitude.
When I grow up, I want to be just like them.
Probably more Kelly Cutrone than Jeff.

The Fabulous Kelly Cutrone:


A. Kelly lives in Manhatten.

B. Kelly basically wears the same outfit everyday and nobody mocks her. Black on Black on Black (aka Versace on Gucci on Chanel) yet it all looks a hot mess and I think she never combs her hair. I can get into that modern day "mean persona" its like Cruella DeVille only different.

C. Kelly hires mainly interns which has to keep her overhead low and allows her to abuse the most amount of people for the cheapest amount of money. Genius! These people want to work for her and the verbal abuse that Kelly gets to inflict is just a bonus for her! Talk about keeping workplace tension in check! If I could do that - I would not have neck spasms and need to do evening yoga while listening to buddhist chants every night.

D. Kelly used her first husband to gain a name that would help her go places. If I had a first husband that was famous, I like to think I would have exploited him for his connections. Of course, because I am nice - that never would have happened. (by the way - I am totally speculating on this - this is my own theory Kelly!)

E. Kelly works in a job that allows her to still talk like a teenager. "I mean....." "like" I love that shit.

F. Kelly admits that working with gorgeous people is awesome - I love that she embraces the shallow.



I am like, totally willing to take a job as a PR intern for People's Revolution.....and I will not cry, and I can print labels.

Jeff Lewis - if you compare the two - they are fairly similar.

But there are some differences. The main reasons I want to be like Jeff are as follows.

A. Jeff is really clean. I wish I could be that neat and perfect - yes he has a staff of about 20 that run his household - but he pitches in!

B. Jeff hires mainly interns - see notes above - Kelly Cutrone C.

C. Jeff works in a job that allows him to talk like a teenager - see notes above Kelly Cutrone E.

D. Jeff admits that working with gorgeous people is awesome - see notes above Kelly Cutrone F.

Ok - so I have now figured out that I basically want to be just like Kelly only without the messy hair and wrinkled clothes - I think I am seeing the Jeff Lewis connection!


No comments: