Thursday, May 13, 2010

My New Guru.....Kelly Cutrone

Ok, I know!
You are probably over the whole "obsession with Kelly Cutrone" thing.
But this is getting to be so awesome for me.


I totally embraced "the Cutrone" last week.
I went 'balls to the wall' and have never felt better.
I am still embracing my own nice energy......"my own calm strong quiet energy"
but when pushed, look out!

I bought Kelly's book on Sunday.
It was time to mix up the bedside reading...(which of late was a bit heavy)..and while I must admit....I am still just at the beginning....I am already inspired.


Kelly described her first and most successful PR event.
An art exhibit called "Love.Spit.Love" in 1991.


It essentially involved 3 couples (gay, straight, etc) having sex in the middle of this gallery with an American flag on the wall while love songs from the 50's thru 90's played in the background.

Whoa! I totally remembered this!
And why? Because the couples were on Phil Donohue!

I vividly recall 2 episodes of Phil from the 90's

this one of course!
and the one with the cast of Dead Poets Society.
(romantic poets, an all boys prep school and teen angst....what was there not to love about DPS?!?)

Both clearly had a profound impact on my life.


I can recall all the couples being naked on Phil's show! How shocking for 1991!
The one couple had a man with this beautiful long hair and the palest skin - and the woman was like the female equal......I remember being stunned by how beautiful they were.

Are you all seeing what I am seeing? Even back in 1991 Kelly was having an impact on me.
She must be my guru!

Kelly has a guru.
this is her.











I don't know that I will be able to be that into it.....It could be I am nearing cult like following of Kelly now.

Stay tuned.






























1 comment:

newestYorker said...

I could really use a guru right now. I'm in. But my mini-guru is still Tavi.

http://www.thestylerookie.com/