Monday, May 3, 2010

A Tragedy of Epic Proportions.....

Ok, not really.....but it felt that way last Wednesday.
My boys lost in game 7 to the team seeded 8th.
Um hello.....we were #1!
We had the highest offensive scoring, best penalty kill and best power play. But like someone said.....that don't mean s#%t in the playoffs.

I am trying to learn to control my hockey angst.
It is hard.
I am certainly not over it. I have begun to stick pins and needles into a stuffed Penguin.
Anything but the Penguins winning. Please.


So now that hockey has ended a bit prematurely - it is time to look forward the the other joys of Spring and Summer.
Allergies, spring cleaning and hot weather.
Indeed, that it the true tragedy here.
This year has been brutal with the pollen. And the fact that the temperatures have hit nearly 90 the last few days puts me in a foul mood. (it was almost like living in Florida again)
The two combined allow me to avoid the spring cleaning as I whine and complain about not feeling good and not having my boys to watch in the playoffs anymore.


Moving forward, no more excuses.
I need to lose a few pounds to fit my fat butt into a dress I need to wear in a few weeks.
I don't want to buy anything new - and this dress is new, I just never wore it and now my ass has expanded without my permission.

I have been doing 'yoga' light excercises - but know it is time to hit the cardio hard again.
Remember "Project Ass Reduction"?
me neither.
It is a bit vague now - but PAR works.
I must recommit.
Who's with me?
Nothing like posting progress photos - but I think I need to get to the progress photos that are not so humiliating. If I could get back to this.....we would have nothing to complain about.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I am certainly with you on "Project Ass Reduction" but there is no way in hell I will post my photo. My poor abdominal skin is horrific. I thought it was bad after Anwen, but is way worse after being pregnant with my two big boys. I am currently saving my pennies for a tummy tuck!