Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Share the Air...................please!



You know things are bad when your own whining and complaining can irritate yourself.
I can barely stand to be in a room with myself right now.
Consider yourselves one of the lucky ones to not be physically in my proximity.


I am irritating myself with my bad attitude.
It seems that just about everyone around me is mad at me. (another story for another time)
It is so darn hot - I feel like I am back in Florida again - and as we all know - those were not good times. (I spent 3 years in a constant state of misery - all weather related)


I'm sure I can get over the bad attitude - I know the fact that I don't feel well is just making me irritable and my own drama and martyrdom is not improving anything.
I can get over it.

What I can't get over is the lack of AC.
This is precisely the reason that I hate, hate, hate coming to New Jersey for visits in warm weather.
For some unknown reason, my grandparents insist on not cooling the house down.
It is modern times for cripes sake!
Put in some window units!
Crank that cool air up!

(And it's not because they are cold old people. They complain about the heat too!)

This is a terrible thing to say - but, it's not like I don't say terrible things - so let's not be too shocked.
But, hello...........it's time to 'share the air'
My grandparents have a window unit in their bedroom.

But the gem is, that even though the upstairs is teeny tiny really........they close the bedroom door and hog the cool air at night!

Meanwhile, the guests get to cool their own body temperature down with body sweat and the wisp of air that may or may not decide to come in thru the open window.

Then you wonder why I have a bad attitude.
Last night I snuck into the bedroom to just feel cool air on my skin for a scant second.......then went to lay on the floor downstairs. (Are we shocked that I have a sore throat? Wet underwear on week, sleeping on the floor in the stifling heat the next)

I felt like a dog in summer that spreads out on the kitchen floor to cool off.
(yes, it worked)

I have begun counting down the days until I go home again.
It is 6 days.
6 days until I can blast my own central air all day and night and walk around in a sweater indoors.
6 days until I can blow dry my hair again and not need to shower afterward to cool down.
6 days until I can feel comfortable in my own skin again.
6 days until I can get a good nights sleep.

I live for the modern conveniences air conditioning brings.
I may head out on the street to see if I can find an HVAC dude to talk compressors to me......


No comments: