Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monthly Mis-haps.....

In the future, when you are planning on inviting me to a nice event......can you please consider the time of the month for me?



As you are aware, most things are about my own convenience.



I nearly flipped out yesterday. I tried on the dress I was planning on wearing to the wedding next week.
Last week, it was nearly there.....a few more "Project Ass Reduction" sessions and we were going to be good to go.
Nice.....the bloat has now nixed that idea.
I went into full on panic mode.
I went thru the closet and pulled out dress after dress.
To fancy, not fancy enough, to casual, possibly not working if it is cool, icky to wear if it is hot......
Aggh!
So I then decided to go out and try on some NEW dresses.
Never do this when you are hormonal and bloated.
I stood in a dressing room surrounded by mirrors in a state of full on depression.
Top that with the fact that I was not having a good hair day and no make up.

I convinced myself to NOT buy anything new. I have a closet full of clothes.....some with tags still on them.

I came home and after much debate....decided on one.

Then I did a trial run thru with hair and makeup and accessories. What a difference it makes when you run a comb thru your hair and put on some makeup!

I am bucking my own trend and going for the blue eyeshadow. Que horror horror!


But I am tired of being muted brown.....I think I am starting to be inspired by all the 40something fabulous looking people...they are bucking the beauty trend...so why not me? I can flippin wear blue eyeshadow if I want to.


Totally random interjection here - I don't watch that Showtime Toni Collette show - but she looks fabulous now! Don't you agree? Such a good example of how beauty can come with time...another female inspiration for me and my bad image issues.



anyway...

The dress is perfect because it will hide the bloat.
And I think still be appropriate for the event.

I am going with the cream in the center with the blue wrap - I just felt the red - which I love - is just to 'cocktail'


My only dilemma will be the mix of accessories - but lucky for me....I can torture my Mom and sister with those decisions on the day of. bwah ha ha!






My plan this week is to continue my green tea regimen and the cardio.
I'm pissed that I am not full on back in shape.


The full on PMS bloat in the full length mirror assault did not help - but I know that I have let stress and winter eating leave me in less than optimal strength and fitness.

So I have decided to add in some new elements to "PAR".
It also ties in well to my ultimate goal of my "Bollywood Musical" appearance.
I want to take some Indian Dance classes.
It looks like I can convince my friend Michelle to do it with me too.
Michelle is one of those friends that is game for anything, anywhere and anytime.

I have 83 "bollywood" songs on my ipod.
Isn't that a trip?
So truly - this is meant to be.
I mean really.......I will have no excuse to not tune in and start busting into my 'bollywood' moves no matter where I am!





No comments: